Located at Courthouse Square on Brunswick Street
The Wayne County Courthouse was built in 1902-1903 to replace the wooden courthouse across the street. It is a constructed cross planned courthouse 2 stories high and features a tall pyramidally capped clock tower with an open belfry that rises over the entrance.
Hooded clocks on the cap face in all 4 directions. The clock tower tolls the hour. The interior of the building was restored to its original floor plans in the early 1990s and the superior courtroom on the 2nd floor retains its original woodwork.